Signatures for Benedict and Moffat
Okay, so I talked about this briefly yesterday, but here’s what I’m doing:
- Since the universe smiled on me and I’m one of the lucky people seeing Benedict and Moffat next week, I really wanted to put together something special to give them, from the fandom.
- Now since this is about as last minute as you can possibly get, there’s no time to put together a fan book or anything like that, obviously
- But I AM drawing some Thank You art just for the event, and plan to print it on a large piece of Card Stock.
- While I’m in New York, I’m going to try to have a fandom picnic/meet up in Central Park. One of the goals of this meet up is to have fans sign the print as a large, customized Thank You card which I’ll give to Benedict and Moffat on behalf of the fandom. I’ll also try to get signatures from people at the PBS event.
- Now, obviously not everyone can be in New York to sign the card but I still want you to have a chance to sign it. I’ll collect as many signatures as I can get online, and print them all out on the back of the print. If it turns out that I actually get more signatures than will legibly fit on the back of the print well… I’ll just make another one.
- So what you should do to ‘sign’ the print, is find a tablet or scanner or something of the sort to get a CLEAR image of your signature. You may also write a BRIEF note as long as you keep these things in mind:
-I’m going to try my very best to get all the signatures on the card and keep them all legible. Please be courteous to other fans and keep any notes under a line or two so that everyone has room.
-PLEASE BE POLITE. Do not threaten Moffat over your ships or write creepy suggestive things to Benedict. If I read something and it makes ME go all squirmy and uncomfortable, I will not print it.
- DO NOT SEND THE SIGNATURES TO MY ASK OR AS A SUBMISSION. I will delete/ignore these (a couple of you have already sent me some, you’re fine, don’t worry). The fact is, my ask box gets flooded as it is. Let’s not make it worse.
- Send your signature as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and your tumblr name, should I have to contact you here for some reason. Please use the subject “Signature”.
- Also send any questions to that email!
- Thanks guys! Please signal boost!
- [EDIT: OOPS! I forgot a deadline! I’m going to Print the Card Sunday Night, so I’m going to make the deadline THIS SATURDAY NIGHT APRIL 28th so that I have time to format everything. Let’s say Midnight EST.]